With a global pandemic raging through the world, many people are unable to go out and celebrate New Year's Eve in the way they used to. But that doesn't mean you can't still have an amazing night! In this article, you'll learn how to throw a fabulous stay-at-home New Year's Eve party to make the most of ringing in 2022. Find out the 7 tips you need for an unforgettable night!
Welcome your guests
When it comes to hosting a New Year's Eve party, there are a few things you can do to make sure your guests have the best time possible. First, welcome them into your home with open arms and a big smile. Make sure they have everything they need – from drinks to snacks to comfortable seating. Then, set the mood for the evening with some fun music and festive decorations.
And finally, keep the energy up all night long by providing plenty of entertainment and activities for your guests to enjoy. With these tips in mind, you're sure to throw the best stay-at-home NYE party around!
Blow up balloons
The key to a great stay-at-home New Year's Eve party is all in the planning. And one of the first things you need to do is blow up some balloons!
Inflating balloons may seem like a simple task, but there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure that your balloons are perfect for your party.
First, be sure to use the correct type of balloon for your planned decoration. There are many different types of balloons available, so doing a bit of research ahead of time will pay off.
Create a countdown to midnight
When it comes to New Year's Eve, there's no better way to celebrate than by staying home and hosting your own party.
Or if you're looking for a more high-energy night, you can amp up the music and decorations. Whatever type of party you're planning, we suggest adding a countdown to midnight.
There are a few different ways to create a countdown. One option is to use an online countdown timer like this one from TimeAndDate.com. Another option is to make your own physical countdown clock using a large piece of paper or poster board and mark off the minutes as they pass.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to start the countdown at least 10 minutes before midnight so everyone has time to get into position and count down together. And when the clock strikes 12, don't forget to have some noisemakers on hand for a traditional New Year's Eve celebration!
Food and Drinks to Serve
For New Year's Eve, you'll want to serve foods that are both festive and satisfying. Start the evening off with some light appetizers, like a shrimp cocktail or crudités with dip. For the main course, a simple yet elegant entrée will be sure to impress your guests.
And of course, no NYE party is complete without a champagne toast at midnight! For dessert, anything decadent and chocolatey will do! We can help you in this department, so visit Linoui.in right away to order some special celebration cakes, truffles, pralines, and Belgian chocolates.
As for drinks, again you'll want to have something for everyone. Stock up on beer, wine, and liquor, as well as mixers and garnishes. Non-alcoholic options like sparkling cider or cranberry juice are also a good idea. And don't forget the champagne for that all-important midnight toast!
Let us not forget the children. The kids will love some delicious hot chocolate made with Hot Chocolate Dips from Linoui.in.
Play a Movie at Midnight
For many people, New Year's Eve is all about going out and partying the night away. But if you're not into that scene or you're just looking for a more low-key way to celebrate, staying in and throwing your own party can be a great option.
There's something about ringing in the new year with a classic film that just feels right. It can be an old favorite that you watch every year or something new that you've been wanting to see. Either way, it'll add some excitement and fun to your party.
To make sure everything goes off without a hitch, here are a few tips for playing a movie at midnight on NYE:
- Choose your movie ahead of time so you're not scrambling at the last minute.
- Make sure you have enough snacks and drinks for everyone, including popcorn and soda (or champagne!).
- Set up your viewing area in advance so everyone has a good spot to watch from.
- Queue up the movie early so it's ready to go when midnight rolls around.
With these tips in mind, you're sure to have a great time throwing your own stay-in NYE party!
Hacks for Cleaning Up (Optional)
- Keep it short and sweet: Planning on having a big night? Be sure to keep your cleanup simple the next day. A little bit of elbow grease goes a long way!
- Make a plan: Before the party begins, take a few minutes to think about how you'll clean up afterward. Having a game plan will make things go much smoother.
- Delegate, delegate, delegate: If you have friends or family members coming over to help with the party, be sure to assign them specific tasks for cleanup duty. This will help get things done more quickly and efficiently.
- Don't forget the basics: A thorough vacuuming and dusting are key for getting rid of any trace of the party. Also, be sure to wipe down all surfaces, including countertops, tables, and chairs.
- Attack the messes right away: As soon as guests start leaving, start cleaning up! The sooner you get started, the easier it will be overall.
- Don't forget the little details: Once the big stuff is taken care of, take care of any final details, such as Straightening up pillows and blankets and putting away any loose cups or plates